We have Design Drawing and Paper Craft for the first 2 weeks by Mr. N. N. Patel, Animation Designer & Paper artist (Ex NID). We learned various basic line drawing techniques, textures and patterns generation techniques. Mr. N. N. Patel showed a lot of his works (animation films) and explained us the problems he faced those days (in 70's) with zero technology. His only stress was to be creative. He always kept repeating "Do not imitate. Try creating something". He had a profound knowledge in paper crafting too. Thought us different ways of using paper as a medium. He made us repeat our work again and again until he is satisfied. He made us do things like drawing concentric circles for more than 5 hours. We guys really lost patience at one point. And he gives assignments which will take around 10 hours, whereas we hardly have 4-5 hours left in the evening :-)
In class and even in assignments, he never tells what to do exactly. He will teach the techniques involved and will ask us to explore with it for some time and then come up with some creative output. Its like a drill. From morning 9 to evening 6 and then from night 9 to 12 we got to think of new new ideas..
May be this is how NIDians are created. Its no joke. Students dont have time for anything. You go and sit in canteen for chit chat, the only conversation would be like "I have this assignment please tell some idea yar" Students really work hard here. I really miss my engineering college life. There we used to watch at least 2 movies a week. Even I have put up the list of movies I have watched after joining engineering :-) Here is the link. Its count is around 400+
Now I have started enjoying this life here... A place where we get to challenge people on a daily basis.
Have shared few student's work in this one week. I couldn capture all of them as I was involved in my work :-)
In class and even in assignments, he never tells what to do exactly. He will teach the techniques involved and will ask us to explore with it for some time and then come up with some creative output. Its like a drill. From morning 9 to evening 6 and then from night 9 to 12 we got to think of new new ideas..
May be this is how NIDians are created. Its no joke. Students dont have time for anything. You go and sit in canteen for chit chat, the only conversation would be like "I have this assignment please tell some idea yar" Students really work hard here. I really miss my engineering college life. There we used to watch at least 2 movies a week. Even I have put up the list of movies I have watched after joining engineering :-) Here is the link. Its count is around 400+
Now I have started enjoying this life here... A place where we get to challenge people on a daily basis.
Have shared few student's work in this one week. I couldn capture all of them as I was involved in my work :-)


oh cool man...we are still makin compositions outta dots and lines
ReplyDeletechips